Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Blue Beetle #34 - DC


I know this book only has a couple of issues left, but . . it seems like this issue really wraps up most of the hanging thread-lines pretty neatly. It makes me kind of wonder what the next issue has in store for us. By the way . . yes Blue Beetle did die at the end of the last issue. But not by Polaris. Apparently is was done by his suit . . the Scarab. "I killed you. Affirmative: tactical override. English translation = 'playing possum'. Alternative: Monopole blast/probable outcome: vaporization." I think I'd get a headache if I had something that talked to me like that all of the time. Anyways, Jaime ends up defeating Polaris . . with the help of the Scarab, and the guys that had gotten the amped up magnetic powers kind of come to Jaime's aid. Actually they're fighting in their town of San Paterno and they don't want to see it destroyed. Their intention isn't actually to help Blue Beetle, but . . they do so because they team up on Polaris. That gives him the breather, and time, for the Scarab to get it's 'Gluon Field' up to 100% which apparently will produce an E/M field that will neutralize Polaris' powers. Afterwards Peacemaker gives him a pat on the back, Blue Beetle quits his job as border enforcer, and Brenda and Paco look like they're going to be getting together. Since Jaime's with Traci 13, Brenda's going to have to drop her crush. I actually enjoy Matthew Sturges stories on this series. He's got an awful lot of irons in the fire right now and some of his stuff is just . . ok. But I like what he's doing here. To bad it's almost over. I've also gotten more used to Rafael Albuquerque's art. It's not spectacular, but . . I really think it suits this book. He's definitely given this book his feel. Now I'm wondering what they're going to do for the final 2 issues. You'll know when I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment