Monday, January 26, 2009

Nyx: No Way Home #5 - Marvel


With only 1 issue left, I'm just now starting to get a feeling for where this series is going. So far these kids have spent the entire series hiding out and running from the police. The best decision they've made so far is going to Doctor Cecelia Reyes. But they had to because Tatiana was hurt pretty bad. However, this issue, their usual paranoia has risen it's head and the kids light out the first time they're feeling up to it. However, we also find out this issue that the woman who has been after her . . and the mysterious organization she works for, have set up this whole thing. They're the ones that actually took Kiden's teacher, Cameron, and made it look like the kids killed her. The kids even thought she was dead. But they've had her this whole time, and one of their members is Kiden's dead father. I'm not really sure how all of this connects yet, but the woman claims that she's trying to make Kiden, and her friends, better . . or, better equipped. Somehow, I think, she sees this all as some type of forced training session. It seems they're doing some type of experiments on these kids. Or, at least they're planning to, and . . they're starting with Kiden. So far, I guess, I'm enjoying Marjorie Liu's story. Even if I'm not sure where she's headed with it all. I also have to say, I think I enjoyed Kalman Andrasofszky's pencils a little more than usual this issue. There's some sketch pages in the back that look pretty neat. There's no big moments in this incarnation like the last . . Laura, X-23 . . but, it's enjoyable nonetheless. I wonder why the X-Men don't know about these kids yet. Oh! Wait . . that's right. Cecelia called them last issue. So, maybe . . these kids will have the choice of getting some of their protection. Maybe? I guess we'll have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment