Friday, January 02, 2009

Birds of Prey #125 - DC


We get a special treat this issue. The cover for this issue is billed as Stephane Roux. And don't get me wrong, she's been doing some fantastic covers. But, from looking at it more closely, it really seems more like a Frank Quitely cover. But I couldn't tell for sure. They wouldn't muck-up the credits? Right? Well, I finally found, on the car in the picture, right on the front of the hood where the emblem would be . . it says Quitely. Seriously, I've looked at this cover about a dozen times thinking, how did she mimic his style so well? And why? I know. It's not that big of a deal, but . . things like that . . get me. So now I can say . . . look at that fantastic Frank Quitely cover. I love it! Anyways, with that out of the way . . . it appears that before this book is through . . . yes it's almost over with . . Oracle, with the rest of her birds, have decided to take down this Syndicate, one by one if they have to, before they leave town. And Black Canary is back to give Babs a hand. Personally, I think Tony Bedard writes some great action stories. He's also very good with the group books. It's interesting to see the morose that Babs is going through. Even with her doing this 'Thelma & Louise' thing in this car with her best friend Dinah. You can just see the writing on the wall. She loves this group . . they're all friends and family now, but . . she has some things that she needs to work out and I think she's only going to be able to do that on her own. But, before she goes out on her own . . eventually, I think, to put things to rest with the Joker . . she wants to wrap up what she's started her in Platinum Flats. So this issue they take out the Caretaker. And who better to wrap up these final issues than Scott McDaniel. Some people love his style . . some don't, but personally I think he fits in perfectly with these action themed stories. He has fantastic frame-flow which makes him perfect for these action sequences. This is one of my favorite books, and it hasn't let me down in quite a while. I'm hoping that after the short hiatus . . with Babs, Oracle's own mini-series . . that we'll be coming back to this title somewhere down the line. I'm going to keep holding out hope. It's what I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment