Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Legion of Super-heroes #49 - DC


I gotta say . . I really, really hope that Jim Shooter is coming back with these characters sometime in the near future because . . I can't believe next issue is the last. I'm sure it all has something to do with the Legion of 3 Worlds storyline, but . . it really seems like this series is hitting it's stride right now. Jim Shooter has really made these characters interesting to me again. Not that I haven't always loved the Legion, but . . I'm really getting more into it now. Especially with this whole betrayal thing going on with Princess Projectra. I always thought she was a little full of herself, but now . . having suffered the loss of her world and her people . . she's really turning into a bitch. There's not many people left of her world, but the ones that are seem to have dedicated themselves to turning her into the perfect weapon. They want their revenge on the United Planets and the Legion for the demise of their home. I'm surprised she's been able to keep this under wraps for as long as she has. She's very determined, but . . she's also very prideful. It's only a matter of time before she slips and shows her true colors. Plus . . we also have this whole thing with the Destroyers going on. To me . . it almost seems like whomever's controlling the Destroyers, is almost treating their attack on the United Planets like a video game . . except in reverse. They're the ones that seem to live in digital space . . while we're the real ones. Well . . as real as a comic book gets. What a conundrum. Anyways, with Francis Manapul's art . . I think he and Jim have really hit their stride on this series. Like I said, I'm just sad to see it go. But . . I just can't imagine that this is the end. The question is . . who's going to be the creative talent behind the next chapter. My vote probably doesn't mean anything, but . . I vote for Jim. Without reservation! I'll just have to wait and see like the rest of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment