Saturday, January 24, 2009

New Exiles Annual #1 - Marvel


Finally! We finally address this whole situation between Morph and Proteus. However, when Proteus took over Morph's body, I had assumed that was because Morph was dead. I mean, they did have to put that gizmo on his head to reprogram him so that basically he would think that he was Morph . . body and soul. But, as it turns out, Morph's personality . . or soul, as it were, seems to be just as resilient as his body. So over the last few months, while we thought that pieces of Proteus' personality were leaking out, actually . . . I think that Morph's personality was becoming more dominant. The slips in speech and behavior, I think, were Proteus' was of trying to reassert himself. Because, actually, when it comes down to it, Proteus didn't even know who he was. Not completely. Anyways, in order to defeat this mad-god thing, Morph and Proteus had to come to an understanding, and mutual agreement, in order to make themselves strong enough to beat this self-imposed tyrant. I'm starting to think though that everyone on the Exiles team seems to have a personality disorder of some type . . . Sage, Rogue and now Morph. Actually, Cat has a personality disorder also, but . . she seems to be able to control hers. But still . . . that's half the team that needs intensive therapy. Or at least some really good medication. I really wish Valeria would've joined the team though. It would been nice to have someone around with the Richards' smarts. I've been an Exile fan since day one. It's been a great series, and I love a series where change is the norm. However, since Chris Claremont's come on board . . I think this series is incredible. I love Chris' long weaving story-lines and plot-threads. Especially with a team like this where things can't always be black & white. Also, on this annual, we get Tom Grummett back at the pencilling chores. I love his work and he's fantastic with these characters. By the way, I'm not sure who this David Williams character is that did the cover, but . . it's amazing. Are we going to see some more of his work?

No comments:

Post a Comment