Saturday, January 31, 2009

Booster Gold #16 - DC


I kind of have mixed feelings about this book. When it first started and Geoff Johns and Jeff Katz were writing it, I thought it was terrific. There's been a couple of changes since and now Dan Jurgens is both writing and drawing the book. I still think it's a neat concept and has tons of potential, but . . it's just not the same. As much as I respect Dan's talent, nobody writes like Geoff. Sorry! Last issue, when Booster met up with Elongated Man, I actually didn't like it. At all. However, this issue? This issue is seems a little more on track. Michael isn't the goofy character that he portrayed himself as in the last issue. All of this time-travel stuff still gives me a headache, but . . it seems like it's getting easier. Long story short, at the end of last issue, Michael went off on his own into a time portal. He ended up in World War I. Hence . . the Enemy Ace cover. Anyways, he ends up saving a soldiers life . . . who ends up being Max Lord's grandfather . . I think. And, he ends up with the Egyptian Knife that's been causing all of this trouble. It was in Von Hammer's castle and he gives it to Michael to help him escape. However, when Michelle and Skeets leave the museum, they also have the knife. Ralph gives it to them for safe-keeping. So when Booster jumps back into time, from WWI, I'm thinking that they can't connect because they both have this knife. Or . . it could be the guy in the pink suit that's tagged along for the ride. Anyways, this series is fun. This story-line about the knife is a bit convoluted, but . . I don't think it's going to last much longer. Hopefully, we'll get on to something else. Soon! And how come every time Skeets says the name Michael I can hear the voice from the computer on Knight-Rider? Anyways, I thought this was a pretty decent issue. It seems like we're heading in the right direction. Maybe last issue was just a fluke. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment