Sunday, January 11, 2009

WildCATS #6 - WildStorm


For my money . . this is the best series of the three . . . the Authority, StormWatch and WildCATS. I actually like the Authority characters better, but . . I just think this book is better written and drawn. I absolutely love Neil Googe's art. I think he's a great artist and he just gets better and better with every book that he does. I also think that Christos Gage is a talent that just seems to be growing by leaps and bounds. This issue our heroes come across Defile, Decadence and the army of Daemonites that they've assembled. Of course our group jumps right into the fray . . fists flailing and guns blazing . . . they can stop and ask questions later, but what they don't realize is that Decadence has possessed Nemesis. Considering her powers, and her sword . . that's a pretty big weapon to be holding against them. Never mind the hundreds of Daemonites that seem to have them all surrounded. But at least this issue we do get to see Maul in action, and . . . Warblade is finally back. Yippee! All of this is going on while they're dealing with all the drama and such that they have transpiring back at their Halo headquarters. I think that's what I like so much about this group. They seem more 'real'. Their problems and dramas are the same as the rest of us. They just happen to be dealing with it . . and powers, also. Plus, like I said, I think Neil has given this book a great feel. In the backup, I think we're getting introduced to each of the members of Team7 separately. This chapter is about Lynch and Christie Blaze. Phil Noto does the art. After a few years, I'm glad that this book is finally back. And it seems to be in more than capable hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment