Sunday, January 11, 2009

Ultimate Spider-man #129 - Marvel


I have to say, at first . . this issue had me kind of confused. The last 2 issues of Fantastic Four have tied in directly with Ulimatum. And with the last issue of Ultimatum, #2 we see that Spider-man is out trying to rescue some of the survivors of the wave that took out NYC. In fact it looks as if he's going to be teaming up with the Ultimate Human . . Hulk! So when I start reading this issue and Peter's trying to help Johnny Storm get out of a date . . . I was a little taken back. I had to go back and look at my blog for Ultimate Spider-man #128 to see if there was any tie-in there. Which obviously there wasn't. So, I guess . . these issues are on a time-line all their own. Right? This is the same kind of trouble that Brian Bendis ran into during the beginning of the Mighty Avengers run. He got so far behind on that book that the New Avengers had to run some fill-in stories to give the other book enough time to catch up. So, is that why this book hasn't been listed as ending yet? The Ultimate X-Men and the Ultimate FF have 2 maybe 3 issues left. This one's got at least 5 more issues listed. Plus I'm not sure why this issue has the Ultimatum banner across the top of it when it's got nothing what so ever to do with that story . . yet. Now, don't get me wrong. I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I love the stories in this title. This book is the perfect example of how I'm always talking about Peter's supporting cast being a large part of the strength of his books. In this book alone we got Johnny, and his date, MJ, Aunt May of course, Kitty & Kong and Spider-woman. Wait! Who's that? We don't really know yet, but . . Johnny's got the hots for her. Plus I'm really diggin' Stuart Immonen's art in this title. All in all, right now . . I think this is the best Spider-man book there is. I hope it never ends. But, I guess . . . we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment