Sunday, January 11, 2009

HULK #9 - Marvel


Right now . . to me . . the best thing about this book is the art. Frank Cho seems to be able to stay on deadline . . when he only has to illustrate half a book. And Art Adams works is always great. Plus, with both of them drawing amazing looking women . . . what's not to like? As much as I enjoy Jeph Loeb's work . . in other books . . the stories in this book seem kind of silly and mundane. Don't get me wrong . . I love the Rulk's comebacks when he's spouting off to these women . . taunting them. It's hilarious. But all in all . . the story just seems kind of silly. I mean, the She-Hulk can't take down Rulk by herself, so . . she's brought in about 20 of her gal-pals. I mean . . they're like gnats . . swarming an elephant. Sure they're annoying and bothersome, but . . they don't really make a whole lot of headway. Eventually, I guess, the sheer numbers overpower him. Except, come to find out, the next morning . . . he was faking it the whole time. Huh? I didn't know guys could do that too. Anyways, when he comes to . . or decides to stop faking . . he jumps up and takes off with Thundra. Come to find out . . he wants to make her a job offer. We don't know all the details yet, but . . apparently she agreed because he lets her go. Now . . Art Adams story. The pictures were incredible. But, I totally didn't like the way Jeph handled Moon Knight or the Sentry. They just didn't seem to be in character at all. And this whole Wendigo thing. What's that all about? They're Wendigos. They live in Canada. Why are they down in the hot Nevada desert anyways? And then when one bites the Hulk and turns him in to . . . Wendihulk. As Moon Knight says . . "Now I've seen everything." Anyways, long story short, Ms Marvel calls in Brother Voodoo and he takes care of the whole thing. Kind of anti-climatic, actually. I guess I could say that the book was fun. It was fun to look at anyways. I hope the next issue is a little better than this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment