Friday, January 02, 2009

the Spirit #24 - DC


Another boring issue of this comic. Ok, I'll admit this one was a little more interesting, but really . . . not much. It wasn't really hard to figure out the plot of the book . . or the motivation. And in the end when the wheel-chaired veteran comes for some pay-back . . walking . . it certainly wasn't that much of a surprise. And even if it was . . . who cares? I thought the best part of the book was the Paul Smith cover. I've decided not to see the movie either until it gets to the $1 movies, or it comes out on DVD. I'm sure it's an ok movie, but . . . it looks an awful lot like Sin City or 300. At least from the previews. I understand that Frank Miller is the executive producer . . . which explains the look and feel of the movie, but . . unless he wrote it, I can't see that he'd be able to make all that much of an impact on the story. But like I said, I'll check it out . . . later. I'm thinking that #25 will probably be my last issue of this book. I can't justify paying for it every month when I'm really not getting that much enjoyment out of it. So . . I have to stop someplace, and #25 seems like a nice number to wrap it up. Unless something changes next issue . . . thats it for me. Sorry. I have to watch my budget and I'd hate to miss something better because this book is still in my list.

1 comment:

  1. Boy, it's a shame what happened to this title after Darwyn's initial run. You have more patience than I do. I dropped it after #21.

    ReplyDelete