Friday, January 02, 2009

Manhunter #37 - DC


Ok, I understand that this story takes place about 12 years in the future. But . . I'm not sure why. Ramsey is all grown up, and Kate is still in the super-hero biz. Gray hair and all. Kate has gotten remarried . . to Matt. Dylan and Mark are still around. And Todd and Jen are around . . . apparently Jen came back from the dead . . . and are training Ramsey in the art of the cape and cowl. He wants to be a super-hero. Why not? He has the power . . from his grandfather . . and he's been watching his mom for his whole life. Plus, I'm not sure what his power is, but it appears that Ramsey's boyfriend is also 'gifted'. Maybe they can all get together and restart Infinity Inc.? But I don't think that's what this story is all about. The issue starts off with Kate chasing Nellie Lovett. She's Sweeney Todd's lover. She's got his blade and is apparently trying to find a host for his return. She gets away from Kate, but Kate does get her razor. Which she takes to Bones. But it appears that the blade actually is possessed and now he does have a new host . . . Bones. I don't know, maybe I'm crazy, but . . I just think this is an odd way to end the series. Next issue is the last, and we're going to spend that wrapping up this 'What if?' story? Or . . maybe it's a dream. Either way, obviously, Kate's going to be around for a while . . whether it's with the Birds or the League . . so she's got a lot of stories in front of her. I'm just trying to figure out why they're ending the series this way. Anyways, Marc Andreyko is the writer, but the art was split up a bit between Michael Gaydos, Carlos Magno and Dennis Calero. It doesn't really matter who did what because it all pretty much looks the same. I like this character. I wasn't overly thrilled with these last 7 issues, but . . Kate has a lot of potential. She's been with the Birds occasionally, but I really think that she has League potential. I'm hoping that somebody does something with her in the near future. Overall it was an ok issue. It just seems weird to me that this is the way they've decided to go out.

No comments:

Post a Comment