Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Superman #683 - DC


To me . . this one is starting to raise some questions. The JLA's confrontation with Superman and the people of Kandor was . . inevitable. After what happened with the guards and the police, obviously they were going to come after the culprits. It's not like a normal police force could come there to demand their incarceration. I don't even know for sure that the JLA pose that much of a threat. But, the point is . . somebody has to pay for the crimes that were committed. It kind of seems to me that Superman is dragging his feet a bit when it comes to reasoning with Alura. And while the heated battle between these 2 cultures makes for an exciting story . . the conclusion seems pretty inevitable. The men are going to have to be turned over, and . . . Kandor is probably going to have to figure out a way to find another home. Especially if they're trying to bring back all these other captured cities . . not to mention the thousands of individual prisoners.
And now Kara looks like she's switched over to the Kandorians side as Superman has made her choose between Earth laws, and . . . her mother. Even if she knows she's wrong . . it's still her mother. What's a girl supposed to do. But the balance may be shifting as on the final page of this issue most of the magic wielding characters of the DCU show up to give the JLA a hand. You know how Kryptonians have no defense against magic. It should be interesting. I like James Robinson's story, but . . unless I'm missing something the conclusion seems a little . . . certain. There's really only 1 way they can go with this. If the ending . . or the next chapters of this story-line surprise me . . I'll definitely have to give him the kudos he deserves. I really can't see how he can work around it. I'm still not thrilled with Renato Guedes' pencils, but . . there are some pretty good looking panels in this issue. Of course having the JLA on hand always helps. I really want this story to surprise me, and . . I hope it does. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment