Saturday, January 31, 2009

Supergirl - Cosmic Adventures in the 8th Grade #2 - DC


Obviously this is a kids book, and . . I just found out that it's actually a mini-series . . 6 issues. But . . I like it. It's got a cute story for kids actually. Basically, Linda Lee, Supergirl's alter ego, has accidentally created a alternate version of herself . . . with Kryptonite and an overhead projector. I don't know? Go figure. Anyways, she calls herself Belinda Zee. They're exact opposites and Belinda uses that to her advantage. The biggest difference is their confidence. Basically the moral of the story is that you don't have to be popular to have friends. Yes you won't have the same friends, but . . you can find people of like mind. Which, in the end, are better friends anyways. Anyways like I said, it's a cute little story and has a nice ending for the kids. I have to say that I really enjoy Eric Jones art on this issue. Yes it's cartoonish, but . . it also has a certain style to it. There's some panels in here that show daydreams that Linda's having. Those panels are done in a sharper type image than the rest of the book. Actually, they look really cool. I'm still sad that the Legion is gone, but . . this is a nice book too.

No comments:

Post a Comment