Friday, September 25, 2009

Smallville - Savior - Season 9 Episode 1 - WB

I know. It's called the CW now. But to me . . it'll always be the WB. Change doesn't bother me. After a while, you realize everything changes. Eventually! But . . there's little things I like to hang on to. 30 years from now, when the CW has changed 4 or 5 more times, into something that won't even be recognizable today . . it'll always be the WB to me. I know. Why bother? It's all just wasted energy. Well . . to me . . it's my own little silent rebellion. I try to stash as many of those away as I can. You never know when you might need one. Anyways, tonight was the season premiere of Smallville. I have all the other seasons collected, but . . I haven't bought season 8 yet. I know it's been out for a couple of months now, but I usually try to wait until around Thanksgiving, or the Christmas season, when someone will have it on sale for $19.99. There's certain things I like to have in my collection, but . . sometimes I can wait for a better deal. Sometimes . . I can't. Anyways, obviously, we pick up right where season 8 left off. Lois comes back from the future . . after having been AWOL for 3 weeks. Tess is a hostage in Lex's mansion, by Zod and an army of Kryptonians. Clark is trying to give in to his destiny by embracing the teachings of Jor-El. Chloe has got the Watchtower up and running, with the help of Emil Hamilton. But in this world he works for Oliver Queen. Who, by the way, seems to have given up his Green Arrow shtick and has reverted to alcohol and fight-clubs. And we're introduced to a new character, John Corben, whom it looks like is going to quickly become Metallo. Like . . next episode. Not a lot of build-up there. Anyways, Lois is followed back from the future by some 'ninja-clad assassin'. She appears to be out to kill Lois, but actually she's after Clark. She says she's from 1 year in the future and that she's trying to stop Clark from destroying the Earth. She doesn't tell him what he does there . . before she can they end up fighting and she gets killed. It appears that at some time Clark befriends her because she's wearing Jonathan's watch. She says that Clark gave it to her. Later we find out that she's one of the Kryptonians in Zod's platoon. He's only a Major here. So it looks like this is the premise for this season . . Clark has a year to figure out what he's doing wrong, or not doing, and fix it so that the Earth can continue to revolve. I don't think that he'll end up wearing the costume this year . . he's dressed in all black now . . mourning Jimmy's death. But . . he is concentrating on learning how to fly, and . . he's leaving the Superman symbol burned into everything when he goes into action. Actually, he sees it as the symbol for his house . . the house of El. I think somehow Lois will construe it into the name 'Superman' sometime this year . . the 'red & blue blur' is no kind of name for a hero. I thought it was a great episode. I can't believe we're on season 9 already. There was a lot going on this episode, but that's to be expected for the season premiere. However, with everything Clark has to learn, and learn to overcome, this season . . the pace may not slow down anytime soon. He's got a lot of ground to cover. And only 20 episodes to do it in. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment