Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Teen Titans #75 - DC

I'm not exactly sure what this thing is that attacks Raven this issue, but . . it kind of reminds me of the Hyper-griffen that the Human Flame let loose at STAR Labs. That happened over in the Run mini-series. But I'm not sure why that creature would go after Raven. Anyways, this issue starts out much the same as the previous ones. The difference is . . Gar has showed up at the Tower and has decided to grace the team with his presence and his leadership. He keeps saying that he's not trying to undermine Cassie, but at the same time he's spouting his leadership style, what he expects from the group, and even tries to do a 'team-building' exercise. I know he means well . . and in the end he probably will actually help the team. But right now? Right now he's coming off as a bit of an arrogant ass. He does give Cassie a pretty good pep-speech though. They go through some of the history of the Titans and how there has been lots of ups and downs. In fact, with the Titans things seem to seldom go the way they're expected to. But all of that is interrupted when Raven is delivered to their doorstep. When the Hyper-griffin . . that's what I'm calling it for now . . when it attacked Raven, she used he soul-self to get away from the attack. It happened in a cave on some cliffs. Anyways, since she was hurt she couldn't get far. Someone, or something, comes to her aid and all she can really say is 'T..Ti..tans tower.' I'm not sure who came to her aid either. It looked like one of the creatures from the cave, but after dropping her off is slushes off like Clay-face. Anyways, I think Gar will be around for a while. And that's fine. I think we need a new face on this team, plus . . we kind of have to even out the ratio of women to men here. Right now it's 4 to 2. Not counting Raven, Gar or Ravager. Anyways, Felicia D Henderson writes it with Joe Bennett on the art. I think we're heading in the right direction now. We've already hit bottom, and now I think there's nowhere to go but up. I'm just wondering why we've had a different writer every one of the last 4 or 5 issues. Is this the norm now? Or are they just trying out new faces? Whatever the case, I'd like to see this team become more stable. That part of it worries me a bit. In the back-up Ravager finds out that Will is dealing in human trafficking. I'm not sure where these women are from or where they're going, but he's willing to kill Ravager to stop her from mucking up his plans. It's an interesting story from Sean McKeever and Yildiray Cinar. I really like these characters, and I'm hoping this is a step in the right direction. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment