Thursday, September 24, 2009

Project Superpowers: Chapter Two #3 - Dynamite Entertainment


I like this book. I find it very interesting. The problem I see is . . there's just to many damn characters here to keep track of. The Inheritors are sitting in Europe. They're looking for more heroes from the urn. Heroes that haven't hooked up with the Green Lama's group yet. The problem they're having is . . the subtle changes that the heroes released from the urn have been experiencing . . the changes don't seem so subtle anymore. The heroes they've been tracking aren't the heroes they've been expecting. Also we find out that the Black Terror's sidekick, Tim, is actually Dynamic Boy. A couple of months ago he killed him and took his place. Meanwhile, Green Lama's team have taken over the Pentagon and are trying to figure out what their next step is. The Lama thinks they need to turn the building back over to the people that work there. They've already been branded as terrorists. Any further show of power would just serve to support the Supremacy's allegations. But the Black Terror doesn't follow that way of thinking. He and the Lama get into a heated discussion and the Lama almost kills him when he seems to fall into a trance. 'I don't know what came over me. It was like I was in a dream.' And some more of the heroes are in NYC fighting the Claw organization. It appears that they've killed Truth, but . . we'll have to wait and see what the results are there. Oh yeah, also Captain Future has allied himself, or entered into some type of agreement, with the Supremacy. And in the back-up, we get the origin of Man-Cat. Like I said . . I like this book. I enjoy Jim Krueger and Alex Ross' stories. I also think Edgar Salazar's art gets better and better all the time. But without any real buy-in to these characters . . this may be one of the story-lines that I drop. That would cut out 3 or 4 books a month by itself. I'm not sure yet. I'm trying to decide what to do. But every month when I read these books . . I'm just not as entrenched in the history and continuity of the characters as I am with others. I'm reading the stories . . and while admittedly good and interesting . . I just don't really care. I'm just reading them to read them. I have a tough decision to make. I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment