Thursday, September 24, 2009

Vigilante #10 - DC

Now that I know that this series is going to end in 2 more issues . . issue #12 is the last . . unfortunately, I find myself with a 'who cares' type of attitude. I'm not discounting Marv Wolfman's, or Rick Leonardi's talent. And I am interested to see how this all plays out in the end. But . . I know that it's not going to affect the overall paradigm of the DC Universe, so . . basically, I'm just reading it to read it. I started it . . so now I have to finish it. I'm weird like that, sometimes. Anyways, we find out this issue that the Vigilante is actually Adrian's brother, Dorian. Not a big surprise there. But we also find out that he's after Bennett because Bennett had him framed, which was why he was put in jail. But it all happened because Dorian's wife, Bennett's daughter was killed. And Bennett thinks Dorian did it. He crosses paths with Batman this issue because he's in Gotham trying to stop the merger between the Gotham mobs, and the New York mobs. But he really didn't have to much to worry about. The Penguin, and certainly the Black Mask aren't willing to give up any of their share of the pie. Dick is ready to arrest him, but . . he comes around. As long as he stays out of Gotham . . he'll stay out of his business. And next issue . . we finally get the origin of Dorian. Overall I thought it was a pretty decent issue. I think the problem with this character is that everyone thinks of him as a Punisher rip-off. Or at least DC's answer to the Punisher. I guess we'll just have to see how the last 2 issues go, and what the ultimate fate of this character is. I did like the Walt Simonson cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment