Wednesday, September 02, 2009

the Boys #34 - Dynamite Entertainment

I think Hughie may have the right idea. He's thinking about quittin' the Boys. Stormfront finally catches up to them this issue, and Butcher starts wailing on him. I can't blame him, really. If he lets up at all, Stormfront's gonna' tear him apart. Even after taking a crowbar to his mouth, Stormfront still almost takes him out. That is until Mother's milk and Frenchie get involved. But it's Vas, the Love Sausage, that really turns the tide. And then . . then they kick the crap out of him, literally . . along with a few other organs. Overall, it was pretty disgusting. Anyways, Hughie is there for all of this, even though he didn't really partake in the mayhem. So later, when he's sitting in the Female's hospital room, talking to her unconscious self . . the reason everything went to this level in the first place, he begins to tell her "All the killin', you know? It's just no' me. It's no' how I expected to live my life. To tell you the truth, I was startin' to write the Boys off as a bunch of violent nutters. I can't bloody stand supes, or the awful stuff they get up to. But I was seriously thinkin' about quittin'. But when I see you lyin' here like this. It's like seein' someone I've known since I was . . aw, god. I hope you wake up, hen." As he's tearing up, he notices a bag on her nightstand. "Ooh! Chocolate limes!" As he eats one . . she wakes up and breaks his arm." Butcher seems to know that Hughie's on the fence. He seems to know everything. But Butcher thinks Hughie's friendship with Vas will help him stick around a little longer. The broken arm isn't going to help though. As a third option, Butcher suggests "I suppose we could always tell him who we are." So, I guess, next issue starts the Origins . . beginning with Mother's Milk. Anyways, it was an interesting book. A little violent, but . . interesting. I am looking forward to the origins of these characters . . to see where they came from . . what they're hiding. Plus we have to see ultimately what Hughie's going to decide. Garth Ennis writes it, and I guess Carlos Ezquerra is doing the art now. He's done the last couple of issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment