Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Herogasm #5 - Dynamite Entertainment

Really, the only thing that came out of this issue was trying to figure out what the Homelander is up to. This issue is the awards ceremony, and as he let slip to a couple of his colleagues, there would be some interesting announcements tonight. So, with the awards progressing, we find that guy from Vought-American sitting in the bar. A working girl sits down and casually involves him in conversation. It isn't until a quite a few minutes later that he realizes that she's never going to get around to negotiating her price, because . . she's already been paid. Somebody paid her to keep him busy . . distract him. This happens to be right around the same time that the Homelander is accepting the award for Greatest Hero. In his speech he states, 'You see I . . did something. A couple of days ago. The morning after we arrived. I did it . . because it occurred to me. Nothing more than that. I did it because I could. Because there was nothing stopping me. I didn't look at the results. I didn't wallow in the implications. I simply went about my day. Now, we all play the same game. Participation is a good word for it. We follow the rules, and were rewarded with a pleasant lifestyle and the occasional bonus. But when I tell you what I did, I want you to think about the possibilities for each and every one of us . . .' Unfortunately . . that's when the Vought guy comes walking in the back door of the ceremony. ' . . . I'd like to thank you once again for this wonderful award and I hope you enjoy the rest of the evening!' So I don't know if it's something the Homelander just doesn't want him to know, or . . maybe he wanted to talk to the rest of his associates without him listening. But either way . . he didn't follow through with it. That is to say . . he didn't follow through with announcing it. Because apparently he's already done it. We just don't know what it is, yet. Meanwhile agent Lucero, after talking to the Boys, has gone back to his detail with the VP. But he lets it slip that may have done something about their concern with Red River infiltrating the Secret Service ranks. So now Mister Godfrey has asked everyone else to search the entire island. I think he suspects that the Boys may be around someplace. And Hughie is still confused about his confrontation in the sewers. He doesn't know why they haven't been made yet. And . . he's wondering why his arse is itching so much. Anyways, next issue wraps this all up and we'll find out if the President stays in office, with the backing of Haliburton. Or, if the VP makes an ascension, with the backing of Vought-American. Either way the Republicans stay in power with big business . . the biggest . . backing either of them. This is probably important because it'll affect the future direction of the Boys. Plus . . we have to find out how the Homelander is involved in all of this. One more issue to go . . by Garth Ennis and John McCrea.

No comments:

Post a Comment