Thursday, September 17, 2009

Dark Avengers #9 - Marvel

Ok . . I like the Mighty Avengers book, but . . I gotta say . . this one is probably my favorite. Probably because it's so irreverent. Well . . that and Mike Deodato's art. It's freakin' fantastic. As you can see on the cover, this issue Ares finally confronts Nick Fury on his son's involvement in his little venture. Really, it doesn't go down anything like I expected. Ares follows Alex and Daisy to their safe-house, and after busting in has a heart-to-heart with Nick. It was actually kind of touching . . Ares' concern about his son's welfare. 'I don't know how to raise him. I don't know how to talk to him. I don't know . . what to talk about. My father, and his father before him . . that is what I know. I want him . . I want him to see this world differently than I have been taught to see it. My father . . I had to flee his court to find my way. I don't want the boy to run from me so he can find his. But I can see . . if I take him from you now . . I know he will.' Ares gives Nick a little warning . . and then heads off. In the last couple pages we see the rest of the Dark Avengers, but the important thing is when the Sentry comes home. He immediately goes to see Lindy, who is mad because he keeps her prisoner. She's got a gun, that she got from 'the alien downstairs'. She then shoots Bob in the face. We see him lying on the ground with energy erupting from his head. Oh yeah, and Norman has locked himself in his workshop. I think he does that when he can't control his transformations into the Goblin. But this time it appears that something has happened and . . he's stuck. I'm sure we'll find out more about that next issue. Overall I thought it was a great issue. I think Brian Bendis is doing a fantastic job with these characters. And check out that incredible cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment