Friday, September 11, 2009

Kick-Ass #7 - Marvel - Icon

Man is this a violent book. I can't imagine how they're going to make this into a movie. Well . . I guess I can. If they can have movies like Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and Saw . . a half dozen times . . I guess this one would seem kind of tame. But since I don't watch those movies . . this one looked pretty gruesome to me. We found out last issue that the Red Mist had actually betrayed Kick-Ass. They all got together with Big-Daddy and Hit-Girl to go after the mobster John Genovese. But it was all a set-up. Red Mist is actually Genovese's son. So, as you can imagine, they all get the crap kicked out of them. But Hit-Girl was smart enough to wear Kevlar under her outfit. So while some of Genovese's goons are torturing Dave, she surprises them because they think she's dead. But now they are. The issue ends as the two of them are again going after Genovese. But now . . it's retribution that they want. The comic was graphic and violent . . and probably in character with the way all the participants would really act . . hero and villain alike. But even with Dave's high hopes of becoming a super-hero . . I just can't see some kid jumping into a situation like this. Even with the peer pressure. You'd think even he'd be smart enough to know that they're biting off more than they can chew here. They just aren't equipped for this kind of fight. Anyways, Mark Millar writes it. It was . . ok. But, it's almost to violent for me. And of course, as usual, John Romita Jr turns in an impressive art job. I'm sure I'll still follow it. It's like a car accident that you don't want to look at but you can't turn away. Plus, I do want to see what happens to Dave's character.

No comments:

Post a Comment