Tuesday, December 16, 2008

X-Force #9 - Marvel


This whole issue is about the team, minus Warpath . . . he's on a spirit quest of some sort . . and Rahne, who's trying to come to terms with her bestial nature by sulking at the aerie . . . anyways, the rest of the team, plus Domino, are after the Vanisher. Well, I guess they're not after him . . since they have him in restraints, but they're after his information. He broke into a lab . . previously one of Sinister's . . to steal a vial of the mutated form of the Legacy Virus. What they hadn't previously known is that while there he was confronted by the Marauders. In his haste to get away, he dropped the vial when he vanished. So now the team isn't left with much of a choice other than going back to the lab and make sure that the vial is destroyed, or doesn't fall into the wrong hands. Unfortunately when they get there, they find out that Sinister must've had a clone farm there because they run into multiple copies of the various Marauders. And, just when they've found the vial, and they think that they may be able to escape from this mess . . . some orphan-makers show up. "Take the virus. No one gets out alive." I thought the best part of this story is Domino's reaction to this team that she's fallen in with. "I never thought I'd see the day when the X-Men slice open a guy's nose to make him talk . . . apparently, I've missed a few meetings . . . . up is down, black is white. Something tells me I should be worried . . . but then again, I've go luck on my side. Still, I have to say, this is the grimmest bunch of mutants I've seen. Even Cable smiled more than these guys . . . you know what I love about Wolverine? He really know how to release tension . . . I'm just glad we're all on the same team." Apparently Warpath doesn't know what kind of trouble he's fallen in to. He's attacked by the Demon Bear and doesn't have any idea how to fight back. Luckily Johnny Blaze happens to be in the area, and when he gets a scent of the Demon he comes running to assist. "You know nothing of Hell, mutant. Now gather your strength . . because tonight, I am going to show you how to kill a demon." I think Craig Kyle and Christopher Yost are doing a pretty decent job with this book. So far I'm enjoying having these characters together. It's a little gruesome . . . there's a lot of blood . . . but, if nothing else, it's an exciting story. I'm also really diggin' Mike Choi's art. Upset by not having Crain do the art? Mike's a more than adequate fill-in. The book looks fantastic. I can't wait to see how this story is going to wrap up next issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment