Monday, December 29, 2008

The Death-Defying Devil #1 - Dynamite Entertainment


This was an interesting book. I applaud Dynamite Entertainment, as well as Alex Ross, for their vision in trying to bring back these bygone heroes, and solidify them into a single, congruent, world of existence. It has to be a daunting project, trying to keep all of these characters true to form while introducing as many as possible both in the main title, Project Superpowers, and in these spin-off minis. To me it's amazing that someone even cared enough to do so. So far, on a creative level, it seems as if everyone involved has tried their best to produce their best work. This issue is written by Joe Casey and drawn by Edgar Salazar. Overall, I'd have to say it was a great first issue. We don't really learn a lot about the Devil, but . . we do find out that there's someone out there who either doesn't believe that he's who he says he actually is, or . . . he's just upset that he didn't get to parade in front of the world also. And that's this old guy, the Deadly Dreaded Dragon. Actually, I don't think that he was one of the Devil's enemies. I think that he attacks him because he believes he's standing up for a friend of his. I could be wrong. But that was my take on the actions that happened here. I think this title . . this whole project really . . has some huge potential. I appears that were going to get some more of these mini-series that'll introduce us to specific characters. We've gotten the Black Terror and the Devil so far, with Masquerade coming out next. It's a huge under taking. I just hope that they don't lose their momentum.

No comments:

Post a Comment