Sunday, December 28, 2008

Green Arrow and Black Canary #15 - DC


This issue, really, was just a quick introduction to our new creative team of Andrew Kreisberg and Mike Norton. The only really new material in this book was the first 2 pages, and the last six. Basically, this super-powered bad guy is holding Diana at knife point. He wants Ollie to surrender . . he's on a nearby roof looking down on him. The gist of the story is that, as he releases the arrow, figuring it'll take about 1.7 seconds to reach him . . he starts speculating on everything that can happen, and how your life can change in 1.7 seconds. From there it's basically his life flashing before his eyes. He starts from the very beginning . . his life as a playboy billionaire . . and goes right up until the moment, and the circumstances, that brought them to where they are right now. Of course, between the 2 of them they take this guy down, but in the process . . as he's speculating that "In 1.078 seconds, everything can change.", they fail to notice that one of his arrows has gone through the wall of a nearby apartment and it looks like it's struck this guy. I don't know if who he is is important, but . . he kind of looks like the Fiddler. One thing I did get out of this story though is that apparently Andrew wants to focus on just Dinah and Ollie. Mia's heading off to London to be with Dodger, and Connor . . . Connor wants to find himself. He tells Ollie, "This isn't a reflection on you. It's about my reflection. The one that stares back at me in the mirror. It's not mine yet. I don't know if it's because I've lost something . . or maybe now I realize that I need something I've never had. But even if I don't know who I am . . . I know where home is." I don't really have a read on Andrew yet, because, well . . . there wasn't much of a story here. But I did like the way he handled the situation with Ollie, Dinah, Mia and Connor. It was all pretty touching. Hopefully next issue we'll get into a real story-arc. Mike's not actually new to this book. He's been on board ever since Cliff Chiang left. But he's one of those artist that once he gets into a book, he can really make it his own. I'm looking for good things from him. So . . next issue . . I'll let you know how I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment