Saturday, December 06, 2008

X-Men: Magneto - Testament #3 - Marvel


What a depressing book. But, I believe everyone should know the horrors that happened during World War II. If we ignore the facts, or try to gloss over them, we may be doomed to repeat history . . some day. I don't think the world could survive it, again. Anyways, I assume that most of the events in this book were pretty close to historical fact. I'm sure there was a lot of research done. While reading this I'm reminded of the Diary of Ann Frank. All the trials and tribulations that she and her family went through . . I'm kind of seeing the same thing here through Max's eyes. However, I think that next issue is where were going to start to veer off from history. At the end of this issue it looks like Max is killed. He's laying in a mass grave with the rest of his family. But apparently he wasn't critically injured because he pulls himself out and makes his way back to Warsaw. However there, because he is weak, he is quickly herded onto the trains and on the final page finds himself rolling in to Auschwitz. If memory serves me correctly, this is where his powers manifest and where he finds Magda. So I think starting next issue, Max's journey will become the forefront of the story . . as opposed to all of this world history. Man that was a dark time in the world. Although I believe there are other times that are just as dark . . we just haven't heard about them all yet. Anyways, I think that Greg Pak and Carmine Di Giandomenico are doing a fantastic job with this book. It really gets you thinking about things and the things that were done to bring us to where we are now.

No comments:

Post a Comment