Saturday, December 27, 2008

Titans #8 - DC


First of all, I want to say that Howard Porter is one of my favorite artists. He's not overly flashy, with that painted style or anything . . I just like his stuff. I have ever since he did that run on Justice League. He just has a good style, and he draws some great action sequences. Now, as far as this whole Jericho thing . . I'm starting to think that Jericho hasn't necessarily turned all bad . . I think he's just trying to get through to these guys. I'm thinking that because he was trapped inside of Scratch for so long . . he's probably a little jumpy, and paranoid. I mean, after-all, that was kind of an alien conscious he's stuck in there with for so long . . constantly fighting to control him, and trying to keep him out of trouble. But, I am wondering . . how have his powers amped up so much? Or did they? We go through this whole story only to find out at the end that it all happened in Dick's mind. Last issue Jericho jumped to him, but he kept himself hidden so Dick didn't even know he was in there. Then, in order to gain control, he gets Dick to unconsciously inject himself with a hallucinogen, and then takes him through this whole scenario where he's beaten the entire team and destroyed their complex. So, all of the amped up stuff we saw him do . . . he actually did on the psychic plane . . inside of Dick's head. And, if he's in control of the scenario, he can pretty much do whatever he wants. So we haven't actually seen him do anything above and beyond . . besides hiding out in Dick's head without him knowing it. According to the next issue blurb . . we'll be seeing Jericho's story then. That could prove to be very interesting. I hope we find out where this story fits with the events in DC Decision also. Judd Winick is a great team writer. He does a fantastic job keeping all of his character's personalities separate and true to nature. He also writes some great interaction and dialogue between them all. I thought it was great when everybody was giving Garfield hell for not updated his security interview. "I got kind of busy and, well . . I don't really have any secrets. You all know me! I don't possess a filter between my brain and my mouth, or more importantly, have a sense of what's socially acceptable to discuss openly." Plus I'm really happy to see all of these characters back together again. They make a great team.

No comments:

Post a Comment