Saturday, December 20, 2008

Jonah Hex #38 - DC

This issue was ok. It was more than a bit predictable, but . . . it was still ok. Jordi Bernet seems to be doing something different with his art the last couple of issues. I'm not sure if it's in the inks or the colors, but . . it just seems to be much more vibrant and easy on the eyes. I just think that Jimmy Palmiotti and Justin Gray need to go for something more than just the predictable western tale. I love the genre. It's nice to get a break from the typical super-hero stuff every now and then. But I just don't think that they've reached the potential that this character is capable of. Jonah is a great character. But it seems like he just falls right back into some western stereotype almost every issue. The thing I like about him is that even though he always seems like he's being a heartless bastard . . . he still ends up doing the right thing. Most of the time. Personally, I think we need some more character development. We're watching his escapades and adventures every month, but . . . we really don't know much about the man. I know that's part of his 'thing', but . . . while I respect that, it's hard to get bought in to a character that you know next to nothing about. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe it's just me. I just think, as much as I enjoy this book . . I could enjoy it more. I'm just sayin'. Maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment