Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Wolverine Origins #30 - Marvel


This issue is the conclusion to the Original Sin story-line, but . . . I really don't think we've seen the end of this story yet. We get a whole lot of cool fight scenes in this issue . . between Logan and Daken. The artwork of Mike Deodato Jr is simply tremendous. But to me, the most moving panels, and pages, were those of Logan imagining his comfort spot . . Jasmine Falls. It's where he met Itsu, Daken's mother. But this time when he goes there, I guess because of Charles and Daken's proximity, Daken is pulled into the mental scene also. Charles and Logan are talking about what happened here . . when Itsu was killed. She was killed because of Logan . . . and maybe because of Daken to, but . . it really wasn't either of their faults. It was actually Romulus who hired someone to do the deed . . a mercenary. After they view the event, Logan asks Charles why he had to show it to him. "I'm not showing you, Logan . . . ", and in the shadows, Daken is standing there watching. But, just because he's seen it, doesn't automatically mean that he's going to accept it as the truth. I think that's going to take a little more convincing . . and trust . . from Logan and Charles. He only knows what he knows. And this 'reality' is completely foreign to him. Not to mention, it's not what he's grown up to believe. Through the course of this story, Logan has gotten his son back, Daken has discovered his father, but . . I think the real story here is that when Charles tried to get into Daken's brains, he set off the psychic bombs that had been planted there by accident. It ended up giving Daken his memories back. But, more importantly, I think it'll serve to fix, or at least mend, some of Charles' problems also. We only get some brief glimpses of it this issue, but . . I'm thinking we're going to see some of the ramifications of all of this over in Legacy. My hats off to Daniel Way. I thought he did a tremendous job with this issue . . and this story-line. I think this is a fantastic series. It must be if they have a movie named after it. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment