Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Moon Knight #24 - Marvel


It appears that all of these attacks on Marc and his friends . . ex-friends, ex-teammates, whatever . . have done nothing more than push this little group back together again. I'm sorry. Saying they didn't do anything wouldn't exactly be correct . . the Whyos did put a few people in the hospital . . along with a few of their own members. But, the tactic that Norman Osborn was trying to use . . threaten the weaker supporting cast forcing the main target to reveal himself . . I think kind of back-fired on him. The problem I think is that Norman, and probably Stark too, assumed that Marc was just a mindless brute. They knew that he was a solo act now, but I don't think they understood why. Yes, he'd want to protect his old comrades, given the chance, but . . most of them wouldn't just automatically call him until they were in complete desperation. Which is what happened to Frenchie. Frenchie didn't get Marc involved until his partner was put in the hospital. So the problem is, by the time Marc got involved, it was no longer about anger and annoyance . . . by the time Marc got involved it was all about vengeance and payback. I also think that the excessive force that the Whyos used only contributed in escalating the situation. Anyways, at the end of last issue it looked like Marc was in a 'no-win' situation with Venom. Maybe it was the tight quarters of the alley . . I don't know . . but Moon Knight pretty much makes Venom look like a buffoon. However, after eluding him, he finds the rest of the Thunderbolts waiting for him out in the street. But SHIELD overplays their hand and tries to get involved to soon. During the interagency ruckus . . in all of the confusion . . Moon Knight slips away through the alleys. Bye-bye knuckleheads. So, all in all, Norman's actions and leadership have solidified Marc's group . . he's got more help now than he's had in quite a while . . and caused resentment and confusion in his own. So now he's desperate. He won't admit it, but . . . he is. At the end of this issue, he's goes down into the deep dark hole that he's got Bullseye locked up in, and sanctions him. "Yes, Osborn . . I've had plenty of time to think. To reflect. And I think I'd really enjoy killing Moon Knight." I'm glad that Mike Benson has given Marc his group back. He seemed more stable in this issue than he has in many. Marc that is, not Mike. I liked the way that this story progressed through this issue. It seemed natural . . not forced. Kudos, Mike. I also, as usual, enjoyed the fantastic artwork of Mark Texeira and Javier Saltares. This book has a fantastic look and feel to it. I'm not sure what the future plans are for this book . . after this story-arc, but . . I feel like everything is finally getting on track here. I hope it has a long future in front of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment