Sunday, December 07, 2008

Tangent: Superman's Reign #9 - DC


First of all, thankfully they switched artists again. Wes Craig had done a couple of issue, and I thought they looked terrible. Maybe that's a little to harsh. The guys got talent. I've seen him do some other stuff that looked pretty decent. However, on this book . . I don't know if it was the pencils or the inks, but the whole thing just didn't work for me. Anyways, this issue Carlos Magno does the pencils. I still don't think the style is perfect for this series, but . . I do think it's an improvement. Anyways, Dan Jurgens is still writing it, and overall . . I'm enjoying the story. My only question is . . . what's going to happen to the Tangent Universe when this is all over with? I think there's a great cast of characters here. It would be a shame to wait another 10 years before we see them again. Yes it's been 10 years since that last mini series . . or, I guess those series of 1-shots. I'd like to see some more adventures in these characters lives. I especially like the Flash, Batman and Manhunter characters. Of course those are the characters that we've seen the most of, so I'm sure I'd like the rest too . . given the chance. Obviously the Tangent Superman is going to be beat . . the question is, how? Like I said, I like this book, and I enjoy reading about these characters. So . . let's see what's next.

No comments:

Post a Comment