Friday, December 12, 2008

Trinity #26 - DC


The front story of this issue was almost entirely about Tarot, Marguerita. Apparently she went to Opal City because there's another seer there, Charity . . Charity O'Dare . . whom she believed that could help her sort out this mess that she seems to be caught up in the middle of. Together they find out that Tarot is intricately aware of the World Soul. Apparently, all through time, there has always been one with this intimate connection . . "One who sees, who feels, who knows. Who guards within her what all others can only dimly glimpse . . ." She sees all the others that have come before her, and most specifically her immediate predecessor, Sindella. Charity knows her . . . "One of the Homo Magi of the hidden city. I've seen paintings of her. Was she . . the one before you?" But together, all of these women that have come before her, are called the Major Arcana. I have to ask though . . when they talk about the hidden city . . are they talking about Nada Parbat? And if so, is this thing with the World Soul connected with what's been going on with Rama Kushna? She is the goddess of life after all. I was just wondering. Anyways through all of this she realizes, "The world isn't messed up because I'm loopy. I'm loopy because the world's messed up. It's . . . trying to repair itself, but . . . if the World Soul's not fixed, I'll die . . . and the rest of the world will be right behind me." Pretty heavy stuff. But I'm thinking that these 2 girl's story's just getting started. The back-up story revolves around Morgaine Le Fey and Enigma's need to recruit their third . . to complete their evil trinity. As I thought, it looks like it's going to be Konvikt. This story is progressing along quite nicely. Again, I think everyone involved is doing a terrific job. Kurt Busiek, Fabian Nicieza, Mark Bagley and Scott McDaniels have all done work worthy of being proud of here. I have to ask though . . with all of this stuff going on bad in the DC Universe right now . . this storyline, Final Crisis, Batman RIP, Rise of the Olympian, New Krypton . . how are these all connected, and how come none of them seem to be crossing over into each other? They all just seem to be happening simultaneously. So, I figure, either their all intricately connected, or . . there's something else going on here that we haven't seen yet. Maybe I'm reading more into it, but . . I gotta' ask. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment