Thursday, December 18, 2008

Trinity #27 - DC


To be honest with you, when I picked up this book to read, I really thought that I just wanted to hurry up and get through it because . . . the next 3 books in my stack, I can't wait to read. JSA, Batman and Terror Titans . . . what a great pile of books I have waiting in front of me. This book had a good pace to it though. Kurt Busiek . . I think . . is doing a fine job with this title. My only concern is that with everything else going on in the DC Universe right now . . how are they going to be able to explain all of this 'crap' happening at the same time. I almost feel like they told Kurt not to worry about anything else going on. I think he's just supposed to write his story, and then . . later on . . somebody, somewhere, will explain how it's all connected . . or not. But, maybe that's the point. We saw how Tarot is connected to the Worldsoul, and with all the upheavals because of the evil trinity not having the full grasp of their situation yet, everything seems to be in flux . . and changing. We saw last issue how, in Opal City, the reality, or perception, changed almost constantly. Minute by minute, block by block. So maybe, all the stuff that's going on right now . . it's really just all aspects of the same thing, and various views that are happening at the same time. I'm just throwing that out there. 'Green light' mode . . as it were. Anyways, Le Fey and Enigma finally get Konvikt to join there ranks this issue. However, I'm thinking that his noble nature, and strong sense of honor, is somehow going to conflict with Le Fey's hapless disregard for, well . . almost everything. She just wants the world to burn because . . . because she can. In the back-up, Kurt and Fabian put together a tale of ironic woe. The villains that were taken down, when they took out . . A Sun Chained by Ink . . are locked in prison. Michael seems to have reality altering powers. They keep him under control with drugs. But . . he dreams. He dreamed about his friends, and now . . he wants to get them all together and escape. He starts with Primat and Swashbuckler, but then they move on to Mark Richards . . the Tattooed Man. In order to regain their power, they need A Sun Chained by Ink. Mark is the person that can bring him to them. The irony is . . just as they all seem to be assembled and ready to go back out into the 'free' world . . Le Fey decides that the evil trinity needs an army. So she calls on her minions here. "You have had a time to rest, my Dreambound. But you are once again called into the service of Morgaine le Fey. The spells that made you bind you to my will. To my every whim. And what I require of you now, my footsoldiers . . . is an army. There are beings of power all around you. Assemble them. Bring them to me." The irony lies in what they realized next . . "They had thought themselves free. Thought themselves unbound. But no. They are forever bound." I like the way this story is progressing. Some issues move at a faster pace than others, but . . all the issues are a link in the chain. A piece of the puzzle that we haven't yet assembled. Mark Bagley and Scott McDaniel did a great job with the art this issue. We're over the hill and on the back 9 now. We can see the final hole, but . . we're not sure how we're going to get there yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment