Friday, December 19, 2008

Terror Titans #3 - DC


I still think that Ravager is up to something. I don't think that Tim necessarily gave her a mission or anything. If she is trying to undermine or gather intel on Clock King, unfortunately I think she's doing it all of her own volition. First of all, we get a brief history of these Terror Titans in the beginning of each issue. This time they do Elsie Kimble, the Persuader. This issue we see what happens between Dreadolt and his dad, Bolt. Clock King set up a situation where Dreadbolt had to confront his father. His father hadn't known what he had been up to. So I think he was pretty shocked when he saw him in a costume pretty similar to his own. Basically, the Clock King wants Dreadbolt to prove himself by killing Bolt. Later in the issue he returns to the group, and gives the Clock King a brief synopsis of what happened between them. However, I don't think we got the whole story. We see a picture of how Dreadbolt killed his father, but . . I'm thinking in actuality . . it was the other way around. I'm thinking that his father has shown up here in Dreadbolt's costume. The Clock King as introduced him as the new leader of the group . . . Bolt. I assume since he's taken his father's place. But I'm thinking his words are more true than he knows. Ravager has been fighting her way through the ranks of these 'heroes', and has earned herself the right to fight the current Dark Side Club champion . . . Static. He's one of those Milestone characters that are beginning to integrate themselves into the DC Universe, starting with the Justice League book. That should be an interesting fight next issue. Copperhead has been stuck with baby-sitting duty. He's been tasked with monitoring and assisting in TNTeena's recovery. He does so reluctantly. And we also see this issue that the infinity inc characters have somehow found their way into this corral. They're hooked up to some special equipment, but . . I'm not sure why. I think Sean McKeever is doing a great job with this series. And I'm really enjoying Joe Bennett's art. The real question in this series is . . . how is the Ravager going to be able to work her way around the Clock King's powers? Especially when they seem to be so equally matched. "Very interesting!"

No comments:

Post a Comment