Saturday, February 21, 2009

Robin #183 - DC


And the trifecta has been completed . . . Nitewing, and then Birds of Prey, and now Robin. All breathing their last breath as an on-going series. Man I hate it when things like this happen. But it was a fantastic issue. Fabian Nicieza wrote an incredible story and Freddie Williams II turned in some great pages. I don't think it's over, but . . this chapter is. Which is sad. Tim, I think, is convinced that Dick is the heir apparent. But I don't know if that's what Dick really wants. Tim himself isn't thinking about it at all. He knows he needs to be a New Robin, but . . . I think that's the extent of his promotion plans. However, from the looks of this Battle for the Cowel story-line, it appears that there's a few more faces out there that think that they might be able to fill the shoes. Whoever it is . . and for whatever reason that they want to become Batman . . I think, they are going to have to have the blessing first of Alfred, Dick and Tim. Nobody's going to be able to fill the shoes without them being on board also. The bird doesn't fly if there's those around to clip it's wings. Anyways, I really liked this final issue. Even though it was . . there's still an awful lot of plot-threads hanging around about this character. So . . he'll continue. We just don't know yet in what capacity that will be. Personally, I can't wait to see what happens. It's going to be epic.

No comments:

Post a Comment