Sunday, February 08, 2009

Moon Knight #26 - Marvel


I didn't particularly like the art this issue. It's . . ok. It's just not my style. Mike Benson writes the story and Jefte Palo does the pencils. This issue picks up after Marc Spector has staged his 'death'. After the explosion last issue, I think Marc is hoping that everyone will assume he's dead. He's out of their picture and that's all they really care about. So, he's moved on to Mexico and his other identity of Jake Lockley. He does what he has to for survival . . bare-fist fighting . . whatever. He's trying to stay low-key and under everybody's radar. But, to be a gringo in Mexico . . well there's only one reason a white man spends that much time there . . to hide from something. I don't really think he's fooling anybody right now. And it's not long before he gathers the attention of a rich land baron. His daughter has been abducted lately, by the Federales and he needs someone with Jake's skill-set to get her back. He's hasn't been there but a few weeks, and already he's gotten a mercenary job. Live by the sword, Die by the sword . . I guess. Anyways, they're setting up the specifics for the job . . scoping out the prison and all . . when Jake feels that someone is watching him. He's correct, but I don't think he's expecting whom it is . . . the Punisher. This should set us up for an interesting story next issue. I wasn't thrilled about the art, but I thought the story was ok. We're only into the first chapter of this story-arc, so there's not a lot of action and excitement yet. However, with the Punisher involved . . I don't think it'll stay quiet long. By the way, Gabriele Dell'Otto does that fantastic cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment