Thursday, February 19, 2009

Adventure Comics #0 - DC


First of all . . this book is only $1. Yay!! I think that's a tremendous idea to get people to buy into this new series. And it has a great Aaron Lopresti cover. Yes this issue is mostly all a reprint . . issue #247 of the original Adventure series where Superboy and the Legion first met, but . . . it's the first meeting of Superboy and the Legion. It's classic and pivotal to the future of the DC Universe. This is the stuff I don't mind seeing reprinted . . rather than some lame story from the 80's that most people probably already have the original issue . . . as is done by the 'marvel-ous' competition. It's by the classic team of Otto Binder and Al Plastino. However, this issue we also get the first installment of the 'Origins & Omen's' back-up stories. I'm not sure if they're all going to be written by Geoff Johns, but . . that would be incredible. It appears that these stories are going to be some of the prelude into Blackest Night. The stories are narrated by Scar . . the Guardian who got scarred when she was burned by the Anti-Monitor . . and she's reading from the Book of the Black. Whatever that is. This issue she talks about Lex Luthor and Brainiac, although she warns that Brainiac is not listed in the book. Her omen is about Superboy, Connor. " . . there is another Luthor will have control over. . . but he is dead. And we control the dead. For once I bear witness to the Book of the Black . . and I question what it shows me. The dead will save you Lex Luthor. From Brainiac. From Superman. From yourself." I have a feeling that we're only going to get snippets of information through these back-ups . . . enough to peak our curiosity before the major event starts. But anyways, I'm thrilled that Adventure Comics is finally coming back. I have a lot of the original issues . . . all the way up to it's end with issue #503. I really liked the book and I can't wait to see what they do with it this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment