Sunday, February 15, 2009

Batman: the Brave and the Bold #1 - DC


This book was ok. However, in this instance, I'd have to say that I like the cartoon much better. I've seen, I think, 9 or 10 episodes so far. And they've had a nice variety of characters. I think this book will go a long way towards introducing the younger audience to a pretty wide variety of DC heroes and villains. This issue we meet Aquaman, Power-girl and Luthor. They do a little bio in the back on Power-girl and Luthor also. That's nice for the kids. I'm not sure how long I'll keep this book in my list. I'm starting to think I'm wasting my time by reviewing them here. But I'll at least do the first couple of issues. I've said this before, but I think this Johnny DC set of books is a great way for the younger audience to get introduced to these characters. With the various titles they've introduced over the last year or so, that same audience has had a pretty wide selection. It's nice to know that our hobby has a future.

No comments:

Post a Comment