Saturday, February 21, 2009

the Invincible Iron Man #10 & #11 - Marvel

I have got to get to work here, and quit playing around. I've got a lot of books to catch up on. I want to take a day to concentrate on them, but . . I've been getting pulled in a lot of different directions. Oh well, I'll just keep plugging away and doing the best I can. Issue #11 just came out yesterday, so . . I thought I'd throw it in here. I'll tell you what, I wasn't sure what to make of Matt Fraction at first, but . . . this guy can throw a hell of a lot of stuff into a story. The stuff he's got going on here is simply fantastic. Oh, and by the way, Salvador Larroca's art in these 2 issues? It is phen-freakin-nominal! I just got done reading Cable and said that nobody could stand next to Ariel Olivetti? I was wrong. Savador's stuff is amazing. Anyways, Tony's trying to keep all of his information and tech out of Norman Osborne's hands . . or the HAMMER agency that he's running now. With a lot of that information being in his own head, that means that he basically needs to wipe his own brain and reboot. So he's doing everything he can to take care of his end . . . and Norman's coming at him from the other side with everything he's got. Tony has put Pepper in charge of putting the finishing nails into Stark Industy's coffin, but, much to her surprise, when all's said and done . . he's got an Iron Man suit built and ready for her hidden in the closet of her/his office. Meanwhile he's got Maria running off to Texas, and Futurepharm, to retrieve a hard-drive that he wants her to deliver to Captain America. And he's off to destroy all of the various armories that he's got set up, well . . everywhere. And he's back in the Iron Man armor. It's an earlier model, but still . . he's wearing the armor. In issue #11 Pepper finds out that with all the advancements that Tony's been giving her . . she ends up being the perfect pilot for the armor she's wearing. She also finds out . . . she's absolutely loving it. Maria finally makes it to Futurepharm only to find it completely deserted. That is until she reaches the lower levels. Where she finds . . all the missing people. She knows what Tony wants her to do, but . . with this discovery, she's thinking that Tony'll just have to wait. And Tony, in his Iron Man gear, has a face-to-face with Rhodey. Well . . actually, War-Machine. A long time ago Tony set up a system for all of those in his inner-circle to be able to contact each other in extreme situations. Tony goes to say good-bye to his sponsor, and friend, Henry Hellrung . . . who in turn contacted Rhodey. Tony doesn't want Norman to bring any heat down on Rhodey so after talking they stage an elaborate fight. Tony ends up in the 'drink', and Rhodey can't follow. But, it looks like Norman bought the act. However, with Tony sinking into the ocean, Norman has called up a 'friend', Namor, to ask him to retrieve Tony for him. "If you can take care of this for me . . . then I'll owe you a favor. Tony Stark. Find him and kill him for me." Which Namor seems very eager to do. I'm really glad I started reading this title. I've always liked Iron Man, but . . I've only got so many titles I can buy. But with this new launch I thought I'd give it a shot. I'm very glad I did. Of course Salvador is his usual peak of excellence, but what really surprised me is the intricacy and complexity of Matt's scripts. I love 'em. This is probably one of my favorite books now. And . . . it looks like it's just going to keep getting better. I can't wait for the next issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment