Sunday, February 08, 2009

Wolverine Origins #32 - Marvel


I'm sorry, but I'm going to complain about the same thing I did last issue . . . Yanick Paquette's pencils. I'm not hating his work, but I'd just like to see someone better on this series. Actually, it's the same complaint I would've had if I'd of been reading those Marvel Comics Presents books right now. At the time it just felt as if Marvel thought that the books would sell anyways, since it was a Wolverine story and everybody at the time were begging for them . . so they could just put on whatever artist they felt like. Why get a major talent when the book will sell anyways? Right? Well, it used to aggravate me. Some of the stories were actually pretty decent, but . . the art really took away from it all. Well . . . that's how I'm starting to feel about this book. Now don't get me wrong. I think Daniel Way is an incredible talent. I really like the way he's weaved these stories together throughout the run of this series. I'm just not thrilled with the art right now. At least get an inker that works better with him. Anyways, this issue, we find out that Daken has kind of been playing Wolverine. His memories aren't as messed up as he's playing. And, he's actually a little different than Logan. "You've made comparisons between myself and my . . father. But what you should've noted are the differences. Unlike him, I can manipulate the feelings of others . . I can lull them into a false state of calm, I can elevate their feeling of joy . . or I can feed their sense of panic and paranoia. Those who are weak . . . break." He's taken Cyber's pill's that help him with his fight against the Carbonadium poisoning. But I have a hard time believing the Cyber is actually dead. Either he's not, or . . someone will bring him back again. There's a hint here that Daken may be Romulus, but . . I don't really buy it. First of all I don't see how, and secondly . . it's just to convenient. "I don't remember everything, but I remember enough. I remember what I am . . and what I'm destined to become. This world is mine for the taking, Cyber . . . and I do not plan to share it." Which leaves Logan wondering what Daken's up to and how he's ever going to find him again. Then, as if on cue . . Nick Fury shows up. He wants to talk to Logan about Daken. It was a good story, and like I said . . I enjoy the work that Daniel is doing here. I would just be nice if it was a bit more . . visually appealing.

No comments:

Post a Comment