Monday, February 16, 2009

WildCATS #7 - WildStorm


Well, the group faces its first real challenge this issue . . the Daemonites. And I have to say, as a group, I thought they handled themselves pretty well. But in the end, they win with diplomacy . . not force. Voodoo offers a compromise. "What Los Angeles has become . . it's as close as anything gets to a Daemonite's natural habitat. I'm suggesting a treaty. That we can coexist here. You can subsist on carrion . . the one resource there's plenty of. But the moment you hurt a living person, the pact is broken. It's war between us." The High Lord agrees and the Daemonites turn and leave. Overall the group is pretty happy about the outcome, but they know that sooner of later the Daemonites will try something. So they need to start making plans and training. However, Hadrian doesn't feel up to being the leader right now, so instead they all unanimously pick . . Voodoo. But, at the same time Backlash and Nemesis announce that they're leaving to go join Majestic in Hawaii. This issue finally felt like some of the old WildCat stories. They were working together, fighting a common enemy, and . . it seems like they're finally making some progress as a group. As far as Backlash and Nemesis? I say . . let 'em go. They've got Zealot and Cole. What else do they need. I'm hoping that what were seeing here is that Christos Gage is finally getting on track, or getting a feeling for this group. This then should be the beginning of some more defined stories. I hope. I still enjoy Neil Googe's art. It's not perfect, but he has his own unique style. And I like it. I feel like this book is finally heading in the right direction.

1 comment:

  1. Agreed! Probably the best issue so far, imo. The fight was great and had a few really cool scenes in particular. I think the next story arc involves Majestic (YAY!!!), following up on Backlash and Nemesis going to his kingdom in the Pacific. Should be pretty good!

    ReplyDelete