Saturday, February 21, 2009

Action Comics #874 - DC


I have to say, so far I like the way James Robinson is handling this New Krypton story. Basically, things are taking a natural course of events. The only question is . . . what is Zod up to? Alura has granted him and his 'patriots' a pardon for their time-served in the Phantom Zone. And he appears to be turning a new corner as he becomes a citizen of New Krypton and the leader of it's army. This is the first issue where, when Alura talks, she didn't sound like some kind of zealot to me. When she talks about Zod and his redemption, I think she actually believes it. Whatever is going on . . I don't think it's her doing, but . . she may be a victim of it's intentions. We'll have to wait and see on that though. Meanwhile, Luthor has obtained Brainiac's ship and has brought it to the bunker where he and General Lane are examining him. And for some reason, the Phantom Zone seems to be falling apart. Superman releases Mon-el just in time, as it disintegrates. But now he has the face the possibility of dying of lead poisoning now that he's on Earth. And the United Nations has issued a decree banning all Kryptonians from Earth . . except for Superman. This causes distress for Nightwing & Flamebird as they'll have to speed up their plans. Whatever they are. My only concern with this entire issue was the artwork of Pablo Raimondi. Usually I like Pablo's work, however on this issue . . I don't think the inker did him any favors. Everything is inked real heavy and I just don't like the finished product. Anyways, there's a lot of stuff coming up in this next year, in the Superman-family of books. I think we're just seeing the tip of the iceberg here. It's going to get very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment