Sunday, February 15, 2009

Teen Titans #67 - DC


This was a great issue. First we have a fantastic Eddy Barrows cover. Next we're reintroduced to Brother Blood. "Sebastian Blood, servant of Trigon. Ninth High Priest of the Church of Blood. A title I murdered my own father to attain." During the Reign in Hell story-line, Sebastian was released from his prison in hell. He immediately sets out on his revenge upon Kid Eternity, who happens to be there because of all that's going on. And through him, they're both returned to Earth. Literally on the doorstep of the Titans. Through their battle we learn a little about Sebastian's powers and abilities. We also see the new team working together. Right now it consists of Cassie, Red Devil, Blue Beetle, Bombshell, Misfit and Traci 13. Although, I think, Kid Eternity will be joining the team real soon. If for no other reason than some protection. Sebastian seems to be holding his own against the team until he bites Red Devil. Eddie turns back to his normal form, but Sebastian is left with the taste of Neron in his mouth. Somehow though . . that gives him some focus. "This is . . Trigon's will. By defiling me with the stench of another lord, he wants me to see . . he is my priority. Trigon. Not my petty vengeances." He then heads to New Hampshire to claim his new 'mother'. It feels like Sean McKeever is finally finding his groove with these stories here. This issue felt a lot more focused than some of the previous ones. I love these characters but I just want to feel like we're getting back on track. I think this issue is a step in that direction. Also Fernando Dagnino does the art. It's pretty impressive actually. We'll just see how long he sticks around. Overall though, I enjoyed the issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment