Saturday, February 07, 2009

Supergirl #37 - DC



Sterling Gates is writing this book now. It's . . ok. Right now Kara is on New Krypton so the story isn't really so much about her. Most of the story seems to revolve around her mother, Alura, and her secretary, Thara. Although we do see a lot of SuperWoman, whom I think is one of the previous two. I don't have any specific hints that point towards them, but . . it's a gut feeling. I'm also starting to wonder if there might be 2 of them . . . SuperWoman that is. While on New Krypton, Kara goes up to the atmosphere to bask is some of the sun's healing rays. SuperWoman comes up to visit. A short while later, at the behest of her mother, Kara returns to Earth to bring her mother Reactron. So she can hold him accountable for his crimes. But, SuperWoman is there . . . to stop her. Plus, last issue when Agent Liberty . . I made a mistake last time, I thought he looked like that new Guardian guy . . when Agent Liberty breaks into the compound where General Lang and Luthor have made their base of operations, SuperWoman is there, as a guard-dog type of thing, and kills him. Twin bursts of heat vision . . straight to the forehead. Which, as a result of finding his body in the bay, brings in our new character this issue, Inspector Mike Henderson, Metropolis Metacrimes. He looks to be a very intelligent fellow, and is all over Lois as soon as he arrives on the scene. I have a feeling this guys going to be around for a while. Anyways, we get a lot of informationt this issue. Overall though . .. it's not a very exciting issue. I have a feeling most of the action in this storyline is going to take place in the Superman titles. But, having said that, it looks as if Kara and SuperWoman will be duking it out next issue. It would be hard, with these 2 going at it though, to call it a chick-fight. I'm really glad that Jamal Igle is on board as the penciller. I thought he did a fantastic job this issue. The whole issue looked incredible. I hope Sterling and Jamal stay on board here for a while. I have a feeling, given the chance, they can make a good impact on this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment