Saturday, February 21, 2009

X-Men: Magneto Testament #5 - Marvel


I honestly don't know if I have the words to express how this comic made me feel. And then, if I do stumble across some that properly express my feelings . . . will it be enough? Although this comic is titled Magneto Testament, it was really about the rest of the individuals that he shared his situation with. Mothers, Fathers, Sisters and Brothers all condemned and persecuted for nothing other than their ethnic heritage. What happened here was truly a crime against humanity. And this comic, I feel, gives us a portrait of the world during it's darkest hour. I don't feel that I can properly express how truly sorry I am that someone of my race, the human race, was capable of such atrocities. We may not all look alike, or come from the same place, or even have the same beliefs, but we're all . . every single one of us . . part of the same race, the human race. And an indignity against any of it's members is an indignity against us all. And any stain on the history of that race, the human race, is a stain against us all. So while we can sympathize with the victims of these events, offering condolences and sharing in the sorrow . . we must at the same time beg for forgiveness. Beg for forgiveness that someone on this Earth was capable of these insanities, and that others let it happen. And we must pray . . pray daily that nothing like this would ever be allowed to happen again. We all know of these events, but with the passing of time we either put them out of our minds or minimize their impact on our history. I would like to thank Greg Pak, Carmine Di Giandomenico and the rest of the Marvel staff for bringing us this story and reminding us that this was truly the darkest hour in human history. We must know of our past in order to not be condemned to repeat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment