Sunday, February 08, 2009

Vigilante #2 - DC


I really enjoyed this issue. I thought that Marv Wolfman and Rick Leonardi did a great job with it. I know. I sound like I'm surprised. I'm not, but . . I am. You know what I mean. I think what I liked about this issue was that it read, and felt, like a good crime drama. We do find out this issue that this new Vigilante's name is Dorian. But really, that's all the new information we get. This issue he's on the case of the election bombings. There's a crooked cop, Brandon Leigh. Somehow he has some information about the bombings and who set it all up. So he assumes the role of a thief, and takes his place in Strykers. Unfortunately, they're keeping Brandon in a seperate wing where they also keep some of their more powerful inmates . . metas. Anyways, long story short, he's trying to get to Brandon, but . . someone has payed one of the guards to have the Electrocutioner take him out. Dorian doesn't get there in time, but he does find out that he whispered a name with his dying breath. "People want him dead because he worked with the bombers. With Joe Wilson, Jericho. I asked who else needed to be sentenced. I have the name of evil . . . the name he spoke as his life gave way to destiny. A mask. A Titan. Nightwing." Basically, this story sets us up for the cross-over between the Titans, Teen Titans and this book. I think the story has great potential and it's nice to see Marv having some form of input with the Titans again. This Vigilante seems a lot different than the last one . . or two. I think he's got a lot of potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment