Thursday, February 19, 2009

Final Crisis: Legion of 3 Worlds #3 - DC


I've been trying to get to this book for a while now. I know this one is a bit behind schedule, but . . . with 30 pages of eye-popping George Perez art to look at . . . I think I can wait between issues. Add to that the 2 multi-page spreads in this book . . nobody can draw a plethora of characters like George . . and the revelation on the final page, and this comic is worth every penny of it's $3.99 cover price. Unlike some of the other 'marvel-ous' books out there asking the same price. Oh yeah . . . and did I forget to mention that Geoff Johns wrote it? OMG! This book was absolutely fantastic. The only downfall to this issue at all is that the artwork and the panels looked so good that I had to read it twice because I was so distracted the first time. Seriously! I had to look over every panel, take in all the characters, and soak up the nuances of their expressions and emotions. The first time through . . I was a little confused about the story at first. But then I turned down the geek mode and went back through and absorbed the story. It was fantastic. When you go back through it, there's a lot of background in this issue also. We see a bit of Superboy-prime's past . . although if you don't have the 2 issue story where this all began, you definitely need to pick it up . . we get a little insight as to how these 3 various Legions came into existence . . not to mention a snap history of the Flash-family, and . . . we're going to get to see Lex Luthor when he was just a devious hormonal teen-ager. Before his hair fell out . . . shortly. There's a whole lot of fighting and action going on in this issue. It literally spills across to every panel. But, the real story here is Brainiac's attempt to defeat Everyman and his Justice League by implementing his 3 stage plan. Stage 3 of which involves Lex, but we don't really know why yet. But the whole thing culminates in the return of . . . well, I don't really know if I should spoil it for you. You really need to pick this title up and read it . . if you haven't. But, seeing as how I'm a few weeks behind on my posts, I guess it couldn't hurt. On the final page we see the return of . . . . Bart Allen . . Kid Flash! I know the next issue is at least 2 months out, but . . . I can't wait to read it. Take your time George. If it's as beautiful as this issue . . . all will be forgiven.

2 comments:

  1. Amen! This series is by far my favorite out of all of the various Final Crisis titles, which is kind of funny, since for the most part it has nothing to do with the main FC story. Geoff Johns and George Perez are absolutely amazing together. The return of Bart Allen(I've been a huge fan since his Impulse days)nearly had me doing backflips! Now, if they only put Bart back on the Teen Titans, where he belongs, I'd be overjoyed.

    On a kind of unrelated note, if you're annoyed by Marvel pricing all of their mini's at $3.99, wait till you see the price for New Avengers #50. How does $4.99 for almost 48 pages of story sound?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I have the book but didn't even notice the price until I saw it in your blog! Insane!

    ReplyDelete