Monday, February 16, 2009

Echo #9 - Abstract Studio


This book is awesome. Terry Moore is an incredible talent. If you aren't reading this book . . you really should. The first TPB is out now, so it probably collects the first 6 issues. Look at that cover. It's haunting. I was a huge fan of Strangers in Paradise, so I was one of the one's that was really disappointed when it ended. I looked forward to this series, but at the same time I was a bit cautious. First of all I really didn't think that Terry could do it twice. Sure he's talented, but he really had some magical characters with that series. Secondly . . the premise for this series was a huge departure from anything he did with Strangers. Honestly, I didn't know if he could pull it off. This issue starts off with Julie dreaming about flying. I don't know if she knows that it's because of the outfit or not, but . . she's enjoying it until these 2 wraith-like creatures begin pursuing her. She stays in the dream until they overtake her and engulf her. Last issue she blasted these guys that were trying to harm her and Dillon. So she's been asleep for the last couple of days, I assume recuperating. It also seems like her sister Pam is tuned in to her sister's anguish and paranoia. That's her in the picture on the cover. At the end of the book she also has a dream. But in her dream there's a mushroom cloud in the distance, and the shock-wave takes out her sister and her mom. Only she's left standing holding her burnt doll. What a terrible dream to have. Especially about your sister. I really can't praise this series enough. I love it. Terry . . . thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment