Sunday, February 15, 2009

Batman: Gotham after Midnight #9 - DC


I'm starting to think that Midnight is either someone we haven't even met yet, or . . he's already faked his own death. Well, that of his alter-identity anyways. So, if we think in those terms, that opens up our list of suspects a little bit. And we still don't know that Midnight isn't actually a woman. That's still a possibility. Anyways, I think this is a nice little mystery posed upon Batman. But . . I do think it's being stretched our a lot longer than it needs to be. This probably could've been told in a 4 issue mini-series. Or even 6 if they wanted to make it a bit longer. But . . 12 issues? There's an awful lot of minutia going on in these middle books. I love looking at all of this Kelley Jones artwork . . especially that cover. But . . the story isn't moving along very well. We're on issue #9 so I image that the pace will be picked up in #11, but . . that's still 2 months away. Sometimes I understand the need for a 12 issue series. But, to me . . . this isn't one of them. I've enjoyed Steve Niles story so far, but . . lets just wrap it up. By the time we get to issue 12 . . . we won't care anymore who Midnight is. He'll be captured and put in Arkham anyways, so . . what's the point.

No comments:

Post a Comment