Saturday, February 21, 2009

Green Arrow & Black Canary #17 - DC

Last issue . . Ollie saved this woman's life, literally in passing. He probably doesn't even remember her. He and Dinah were running across some rooftops, they were heading home from their entanglement with Merlyn. However, during the fight, Ollie shot an arrow that went through the wall of this apartment and hit this guy that was attacking this girl. Apparently she'd lived in town for a while because she instantly knew where the green arrow that had changed her life had come from. And then she saw him from the rooftop across the alley. Of course Ollie was clueless to the events. It was just another day of crime-fighting for him. Now? Now the girls gone cuckoo for coco-puffs . . er, I mean cuckoo for Ollie. The first things she did was take the arrow and carve an arrow pierced heart on her chest. Now? Now apparently she's apprehending and punishing those that she thinks have done her true love harm. Her first target? Merlyn. The problem is . . in order to obtain Merlyn . . she crashes a truck into Police Headquarters, to facilitate his release, and kills about 10 people in the process. At first we think she's just helping him escape. But after he wakes up, from her drugging him, he finds himself tied up. He's in room with pictures of Green Arrow and Black Canary all over the walls. The Black Canary pictures are scratched and mutilated while the pictures of Ollie are behind candles and look like a shrine. And the woman in front of him, dressed in a very sexy Green Arrow inspired costume, holding Slingshot and Count Vertigo's files in her hands says . . "I'm really glad my truck missed you. I'd hate for one of my gifts to be damaged . . . It's Valentine's day, silly. What else but his heart's desire could I give . . . to my love." Ok. This girl is officially a wack-a-doo. Well, it's still a little to early for me to say whether or not I like what Andrew Kreisberg has in mind for this series. I don't really know yet. His first 3 issues here have been interesting, but . . nothing spectacular. Mike Norton appears to be the regular penciller now. However, I think he needs a new inker. Mike's work has never been anything 'eye-popping', but . . I have seen better than what's presented in this issue. I know he has it in him. I'll stick with the series because I love the character, but I haven't seen anything endearing yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment