Monday, February 16, 2009

X-Men: World's Apart #4 - Marvel


So, it seems that the purpose of this mini-series was to define Ororo. Scott asked her a question a few issues ago in the X-Men . . . "Who are you Ororo. X-Man? Or Queen?" At the time she kind of gave him a vague answer. However, with this story-arc, I really think that she's come to terms with who she really is. Of course she had to fight the Shadow-King with everything that she had in her, but . . in the end, she triumphed. Of course, to do so, she had to give herself to the King. She had to make him think that he had won. And she had to trick him. Because of what was done to T'Challa by the King, the Panther God was looking for some retribution. So, Ororo came up with a plan, which the Panther God agreed to, and he hid out in her mind until the Shadow King entered. "Shadow King. You have much to answer for. No one touches my children." And with that . . . he eats him. So is this the last we've seen of the Shadow King? I doubt it. But . . for now, he's beaten. T'Challa, and therefore Wakanda, has gone back to normal. And, the X-Men are also none the worse for wear. Ororo has decided to go back with the X-Men, for now, and Nezhno has decided to go with her. That should prove to be an interesting situation. And, Ororo has defined herself. "My name is Ororo Munroe. My name is Ororo Iz Adi T'Challa. I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Man, a lover, a wife, a Queen. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits." Overall, I liked the series. I didn't appreciate the $3.99 per issue price tag, but . . I still liked the story. Ororo is a fantastic character and I really like how they handed her personality and essence with this story-arc. Kudos to Christopher Yost and Diogenes Neves. You guys did a great job.

No comments:

Post a Comment